Thursday, December 10, 2009

Lisin Needs to Wait His Turn/Heikkinen Likely to Hartford

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes was able to speak with John Tortorella about numerous personnel issues including...

Torts on Enver Lisin's lack of playing time...

“It’s not anything Lisin did wrong…I was fair with him when he was on top of things and it tailed off. Sometimes players have to wait their turn and make sure they stick; that’s how you mature, it a little mental toughness. I can only put 20 people out there. I can’t make everybody happy.”

...right now I don't think Torts is making anyone happy, especially the fans.

On Ilkka Heikkinen's future with the team...

“if we stay healthy he’ll probably go down to Hartford,” said Tortorella. “I like his jam, and it’s something that we need. He did fine. (But) I don’t think there’s anyone head and shoulders above, down there, that needs to be up here all the time in case of these injuries.”

...would have like to have seen Heikkinen get more ice time.

Zipay also talks with Brashear about his injury.

2 comments:

THE SAUSAGE said...

Ranger fans can't be angry at Torts. He's a desperate man trying to do anything to stop the bleeding.

It's not Torts' fault these guys lack the passion to give 100% effort each night.

fleisch said...

Actually I believe that is 100% his job to put guys on he ice who give 100% effort