Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Olympic Rejects

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes reports that Vinnie Prospal (Czech Republic), Michal Rozsival (Czech Republic) and Marc Staal (Canada) have all been left off the rosters of their respective countries' Olympic Hockey teams.

...the less players the Rangers have playing in the Olympics the better as far as I'm concerned.

On not making the Czech team Rozsival said...

"Obviously, it's something you'd like to be a part of, but there's nothing I can do about it. Definitely, I’ll be watching and cheering for them. "I’ve got a job to do here. I can’t really worry about that.”

Ryan Callahan is the only possible Ranger Olympic hopeful left and Team USA assistant coach John Tortorella said that Callahan "didn't need any help on my part. People know the kind of player he is."

...seems like Torts is tipping his hand that Callahan has made the Team USA squad.

Henrik Lundqviust (Sweden) and Marian Gaborik (Slovakia) have already been informed that will be representing their countries.

2 comments:

Nexter said...

So I assume no Drury for team USA?

Kevin DeLury said...

I'd be shocked. He really played himself off the team this year.