Sunday, December 27, 2009

Rangers Talk Loss to Islanders

Below are quotes released by the Rangers after the game...

John Tortorella on tonight’s game…
“I thought we played hard. I thought we developed a lot of scoring chances, we couldn’t score but we stayed with it. We will take the point and try to find some good stuff out of it. I thought we played really hard to get back into it in the third period.”

Brandon Dubinsky on the tying goal…
“I was just trying to be there, ready. Time is winding down there, we know things are going to go to the net to try and get some traffic and some sticks there and I think Cally (Ryan Callahan) made a great play. I feel like he shot for my stick and I was standing there ready for it and I made the play.”

Henrik Lundqvist on tonight’s game…
“They got a goal on our power play – that is always tough. The PK (penalty kill) was really good. I think if we tied the game a little earlier, I think we would have had them. They played pretty solid in their own end, kept us on the outside. We at least tied the game and got a point out of it.”

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants and Steve Zipay at Blue Notes have more quotes.

No comments: