Monday, December 7, 2009

Rangers Talk Loss to Wings

Below are quotes released by the Rangers after the game...

John Tortorella on tonight’s game…
“Well we can say it is unfair…whatever. We just came away empty. I thought it was important tonight that we get consecutive games. I thought we played two good games. You just want to get something out of it, at least a point out of it but we didn’t. We just have to fight through it. We fought through it after a shaky start. We will just get back at it.”

Henrik Lundqvist on the the last two games…
“I like the way we play in our own zone. It feels like we are more in control and we are not running around too much and guys are doing a good job with that. We have calmed down a little bit. You don’t feel like you have to cover up for anyone else. They are doing a good job coming back. That is a good thing and something we will keep on doing. We played well enough in our zone and in the defensive zone to win this game.”

Ryan Callahan on tonight’s game…
“It is a tough game to lose. They are all tough game when you lose them. It is tough when you feel like you play a good 60 (minutes) and they score late in the game. It is a tough loss.”

While Steve Zipay at Blue Notes had these post game quotes...

Lundqvist on the game winning goal...
"I was way out to the right and just tried to hug the post. I think it got stuck underneath me and then I moved and it went in. I knew I was in trouble when I really couldn't see it in front of me. I was expecting a shot earlier...It's a tough one to let in that late. We had a lot of opportunities to kill the game in the third but we didn't. It's obviously a goal I need to stop."

...yes it is.

Callahan on his penalty shot...
"I executed exactly how I wanted and he made a great save. I tip my hat to him. I knew what i wanted to do an it was unfortunate he saved it."

No comments: