Thursday, December 17, 2009

Redden Not Pleased to Be Singled Out

Update, 2:50 p.m.:
Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has the entire Redden quote...

"I wasn't happy coming in and seeing my name on the scratched list," he said, and a loud, closed-door discussion ensued. "Draw your own conclusions. We haven't gotten things done...Obviously, he wants to shake things up and I'm an example....This kind of lays it all on the table, to be sitting out" said Redden, who addded "I do" when asked if he felt he had more to give. "All I can do is show them I want to be out there and then I've got to deliver. I've got to come back and be ready."

Zipay also has a quote from Captain Chris Drury saying he's confident the Rangers to be hungrier tonight here.

...don't think it's possible to play with less hunger than last night so that's real easy to say.

Original Post:
Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants was able to speak with Wade Redden and Ales Kotalik on their benchings for tonight's game against the Islanders...

Gross notes that Redden seemed the angrier of the two saying he was not pleased to be "singled out"...

“Obviously, he wants to shake things up and obviously I’m an example,” Redden said. “I can deal with it.”

...well Rangers fans have not been pleased with your play since joining the team, so now you know how we feel.

Kotalik added...

“I don’t have much to say,” Kotalik said. “Sure, it’s always surprising when you’re not a guy that’s just starting in this league. It’s frustrating. But that’s the reality of things right now. All I can do is go out and work hard in practice.”

Gross adds that Bobby Sanguinetti will be paired with Illka Heikkinen in replace of Redden.

Here are tonight's lines...

Prospal-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Higgins-Drury-Callahan
Avery-Anisimov-Lisin
Boyle-Christensen-Brashear

3 comments:

chef dave said...

Newsflash Wade! You are being singled out because you are the highest paid defender on the team. Rozival probably deserves it too, but he also has a shorter contract for less money.

CubanC said...

That second line won't even sniff a goal tonight.

fleisch said...

last time I checked we were only scoring 1-2 goals a game!!! So what happens, we bench Redden and Kotalik..what message does that send to bench a forward who plays 3-4 mins a night a a defenseman who is probably still injured....

How about sitting Drury and Rosival, and sending a real message.

What BULLS**T