Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Rangers Talk Loss to Predators

Below are quotes released by the Rangers after the game...

John Tortorella on the team…
“When you are trying to crawl out of a hole and trying to gain some consistency in your game, your structure of your team concept and your discipline, at all times, at this time of year, is so important. We are not good enough not to be dead on with that stuff there.”

Henrik Lundqvist on his play…
“I felt good. There were a lot of breakaways tonight. They created a lot around the net. I knew, going into the game, I can’t afford any mistakes. I think the D played really well around the net. It is really tough. We play as good as we can in our end, still let up a couple of breakaways, but I still think we played pretty good in our end. It comes down to scoring. You can see how you feed off of a goal. As you score we get energy and some speed but then they score and we lose that energy a little bit.”

Chris Drury on the team…
“We have just been trying to play the right way. We have been playing the right way for the most part. It’s just such a fine line in this League, the smallest little mistake, whether it’s a penalty or just not finishing a great chance, or just the bounce of the puck can cost you the game and can get you spinning in the wrong direction.”

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants also has quotes including this one from Michael Del Zotto on his double minor...

“I just didn’t agree with the call,” Del Zotto said. “It’s my own fault, I’ve got to control my own emotions there. I let the team down. I’ve just got to bounce back tomorrow and be ready to play. I don’t think I said anything too bad. Maybe I’ve got to learn how to keep my mouth shut. I let my emotions get the best of me there and I can’t let that happen. It was a stupid penalty. We were already down a man. Any team, you give them four minutes on the power play, more often than not, they’re going to make you pay the price so it was a dumb penalty and it was one that could have been avoided so he (coach John Tortorella) had every right giving it to me and putting me in my place.”

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Yawn," Chris Drury.

Unknown said...

i missed the del zotto penalty. what happened?

Kevin DeLury said...

He was called for hooking and complained so he got an additional 2 min for misconduct and the Preds scored the game winner during the additional 2 minutes.

Unknown said...

I saw Torts ripping into him back at the bench. The extra 2 probably pissed Torts off more than the actual penalty.
Love the speed of MDZ...huge upside