Thursday, March 18, 2010

Christensen: It’s time to bear down and shoot the puck

Mike Obernauer at the Blueshirt Blog spoke with Erik Christensen about the challenges of playing on a line with a superstar like Marian Gaborik and not trying to force feed him...

“I’m going to give it to Gabby and look for Gabby when he’s wide open, but when I get the puck in the neutral zone and I have a chance to attack, then I’m gonna take it myself. If I have an opportunity to shoot the puck, I’m going to do it, I’m not going to pass it up.

“It’s not the time of year to be trying to make things cute. … It’s time to bear down and shoot the puck.”

...this has been a problem all year, as the rest of the team has been waiting for Gaborik to take over the game instead of taking the initiative on their own.

...this was further proved when the team was forced to pick-up the offense when Gaborik was injured.

No comments: