Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting to Know Dave Maloney

Mark Malinowski at The Hockey News was able to sit down with former Ranger defenseman and current TV color commentator for MSG Dave Maloney. Here is an excerpt...

Most Painful Moment: "Was probably when I got traded; got traded to Buffalo. I'm not sure painful...it's a little bit...I've always been aware that you get traded. It's a little bit sobering and kind of melancholy-ish…Coming back down in the locker room and the locker was all packed up. And I was like, OK, I guess that's 10 years. And that's it (smiles). But like I said, I always had recognition that that was part of the business. And Boston opted not to sign Bobby Orr and traded him to Chicago. So, if Orr could get traded, I sure as hell could get traded."

Maloney also talks about his favorite movies, television shows, arena, uniforms and more.

No comments: