Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rangers Playoff Chances Get a Shot in the Arm

The Rangers fading playoff chances improved tremendously last night as the 8th place Bruins lost to the Sabres and the 9th place Thrashers were defeated by the Hurricanes.

The Rangers are just four points out of the final playoff spot with seven games to go. The Rangers have a game in hand on the Thrashers. Full standings here.

...does anyone want to make the playoffs?

...i really thought the Rangers only chance of getting in was through a Flyers collapse, but Boston is giving the Rangers another opening.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I no longer want to squeak into 8th place only to be steam rolled by the Caps - i mean really what's the point? 4 more games?

I wonder if management scraps the entire team again in the off season. I think we keep our goalie what's his name and dubinski, callahan, gaborik, stall and delzotto and the rest are up for grabs. unfortunately redden rozival and drury stick around too

Unknown said...

Even though I'll be watching tons of playoff hockey regardless if the Rangers make it in or not, I will be going through major Rangers withdrawal if they don't make it.

I'm a Rangers fan and I want them in the playoffs.

william hussey said...

If we get in we're playing with house money. This team has a confidence issue, however it may help us if we get in. We've pushed the Caps to the limit before 6-5 L in February. And if not I want to lose to the best. Where is the spirit. I could never hope to see my team lose.