Thursday, April 22, 2010

Callahan: I Want To Be An Even Better Leader

In a feature on Ryan Callahan and Chris Drury at newyorkrangers.com, Jim Cerny has this quote from the Rangers alternate captain...

“The biggest thing for me was to go out there every night and put it on the line and work hard and set an example that way,” explained Callahan. “I just tried to play consistently, and have the guys follow in that way. I felt that I did that the best I could this year. Now I want to grow and be an even better leader.”

...if everyone on the Rangers played with the same hard work and dedication as Callahan the Blueshirts would have clinched a playoff spot in March. I look forward to him growing as a leader next season.

1 comment:

!JustDance said...

if everyone played with Callahan's skill, we'd have missed the playoffs.

Ha. I love Callahan, but forget his leadership - he needs to break 50 points. Which he should.