Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Prust: Coming to New York Rejuvenated My Passion

In a feature on Brandon Prust at newyorkrangers.com, Jim Cerny has this quote from the hard working winger...

“It didn’t take long for me to feel comfortable here and to make New York my home,” said Prust. “Playing at Madison Square Garden for the Rangers, an Original Six team with a lot of history, it was fun. Coming here rejuvenated my passion for the game. It’s one of the best things that ever happened to me.”

...and obtaining Prust was one of the best things that happened to the Rangers this season.

...re-signing Prust has to be a priority this summer. Would like to see him get a 3-year deal in the $750,000 a year range.

3 comments:

Evan S said...

The Prust move entertained me when we got him. I remember Dave Maloney was saying on the radio that he was highly coveted when he was previously traded and was very popular within the Phoenix organization. Its not hard to understand, he gives it his all on every shift, fights, stands up for teammates, is an affable guy and is even hiding a tiny amount of offensive upside. The only question in keeping him his how does it shape the rest of the team. Obviously he will be a 4th liner with the occasional 3rd line appearance, so who does he bump?

Unknown said...

Prucha.

S.S. DuBois said...

Voros