Friday, April 9, 2010

Q & A with Kreider

DJ Powers at Hockey's Future sits down with Rangers 2009 draft pick Chris Kreider before Boston College's win vs. Miami of Ohio in last night's national semi-final. Here's an excerpt...

HF: You played well in the first half of the season, but you’ve played exceedingly well in the second half. What has happened to enable you to do that? Was it having become acclimated with the college game or the experience of having played at the World Juniors or both?

CK: I think it was a combination of both. I’ve been able to get more games under my belt and am playing more games than I did from the high school that I came from. I was getting more competition than I was before. I think I was also kind of getting acclimated too because there was an adjustment period. Because the game is faster, my timing had to be switched up. I couldn’t get away with things here that I could get away with in high school. It’s forced me to become a better and more well-rounded player. That was something that I kind of wasn’t coming in because I was more of a north-south kind of guy that just relied on my speed to skate by players. So everything changed and that forced me to change coming in as well. When I played at the World Juniors, I was given a different role in a different environment than I had with Boston College and was able to bring it back with me. Once I was back with Boston College, the adjustment became a little easier and I was getting more games under my belt too.

...Kreider is one of many prospects Rangers fans should be very excited about.

No comments: