Monday, June 7, 2010

MZA Answers The New York Rangers Blog Question on Adjusting to NHL

A few weeks ago newyorkrangers.com asked fans to submit questions to the Rangers newest player Mats Zuccarella-Aason, so I decided to send one asking what will be the biggest adjustment he has to make playing in the NHL.

Well today they published MZA's responses to a few of the submitted questions and included mine...

Kevin D. from Long Island asks:
What do you think will be the biggest adjustment you have to make playing in the NHL?

Zuccarello Aasen's response:
It's a higher level and it's a smaller rink and a different style of play, so I will have to learn how to play the Rangers game. I'll have to learn how they want to play hockey and I have to learn that as fast as possible. I guess it's maybe just the speed and the smaller rink that will be the biggest things. There's a lot of physical play, too, of course, but it's physical everywhere now, so I'm not going to worry about my ability to handle that part of the game. I'm going there more to make plays and play hockey, not to be the one making big hits."

For the rest of the Q&A click here.

...my concern from day one with MZA has been whether he'd be able to thrive in the more physical NHL. While I like that he's confident he will be able to handle it, I'm not worried about him making hits I'm more concerned about his ability to take them.

No comments: