Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sangs Traded to Carolina

Newyorkrangers.com reports that the Rangers have traded defenseman Bobby Sanguinetti to the Carolina Hurricanes for Washington's second round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and a 6th round pick, 157th overall, in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

...i think Sangs coming camp last year completely out of shape after Torts put the team on notice really made the organization sour on him. Having said that I never thought they'd trade him this early in his career. And I assumed that if they did trade him he'd be a sweetener for say a Rozsival.

...also there's really no spot for him this season and the Rangers are probably hoping McDonough will be ready next season.

...too bad. I was excited for the kid's future when the Rangers drafted him but it just never clicked for him.

...sorry for the lack of posts today, but the wife was nice enough to let me go to the draft party last night (review & pics to come) so I'm repaying her by taking the kids off her hands all day.

...i'll also be posting a retraction on my earlier comments regarding last night's pick. When I'm wrong, I'll always admit it.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: