Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Torts: Blowing Things Up Could Cause More Problems

Rick Carpiniello at the Rangers Report has this quote from John Tortorella from breakup day on making big changes during the off-season...

“You’ve got to be careful here,” he said. “When you lose, you don’t just blow everything up and cause more problems for yourself. I have a number of things that I think we need to fix here. I think people (in the organization) are going to ask me about a number of other things to fix that I’m going to fight because I just don’t think they need to be fixed. I think you can cause more problems for yourself when you don’t get in and you say, ‘We’ve got to change this, we’ve got to change that.’ Sometimes it’s just execution.”

...i agree wholeheartedly with Torts here. The Rangers have been blowing up the roster big time lately and it has gotten them no where. They need to add some parts, but I think they should leave the corps alone. The Rangers lack of cap room makes it even more likely they will keep the current roster pretty much in order.

No comments: