Friday, July 16, 2010

Demitra had Offer from Rangers

Update, 11:38 a.m.:
Here is the article from Sports Express.

Original Post:
From Laurie Carr at Beyond the Blueshirts...

Pavol Demitra told Sport-Express he had offer w/#NYR he liked, a complex deal w/bonuses, but NYR dragged things out, so he signed w/KHLless than a minute ago via Echofon

...finally Sather's incompetence in contract negotiations helps the Rangers!!! Thanks Glen.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

8 comments:

Dan W said...

Glad he's at least trying to find a center and not pretending EC or Prospal will do just fine at #1

Unknown said...

Oh man, thats scary. I don't like "complex" deal. eeek.

LTP said...

this is a total lie there was never any contract offer made to Demitra, what this is, is purely sour grapes on his behalf he wanted to play for the Rangers & they never made an offer to him & thats rock solid info from a reliable source who would have no reason to lie.

Kevin DeLury said...

LTP, I'd love to hear who your source is. If you don't want to leave in the comments section, e-mail me nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

Author said...

All I can say is thank god!

Unknown said...

I agree: "Glad he's at least trying to find a center and not pretending EC or Prospal will do just fine at #1"

...and I'd like to believe LTP. I wonder if Gaborik is a bit annoyed.

dog eat chow world said...

Gaborik did just fine with the centers he had last season. Prospal is still viable. No need to have a "#1" labeled center if Gaborik can peform with what we have. I'd prefer if the Rangers would focus on having other scorers before looking at pivots. Dubinsky is really a second line winger and Callahan is at most a third liner.

LI Joe said...

dog

dubi is only a 2nd liner on a bad team like the rangers. on a good team he's a 3rd liner