Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Frolov's Excited to Be a Ranger (Updated)

Update, 11:43 p.m.:
Adam Gretz at NHL Fanhouse takes a look at Frolov's declining production.

Original Post:
Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has some quotes from the newest Ranger Alexander Frolov...

On coming to the Rangers...

“I’m really excited. The Rangers are a great organization, a great hockey club with a great history. I’m really excited to be a part of it now. It’s been a long month for me. I think it’s going to be a really good year.”

...and we're excited to have you here Alex.

On whether he’s sure last season’s issues are behind him...

“I’m pretty confident. I’ve been in this league for a long time now, it’s like it’s my first or second year. I’ve been here a long time. I think I know what I can do. I think people around the league know what I can do. Last season, I had a couple of issues. I would say when youu play a different role, play on the second or third line, you do have the power play but it’s the second power play. It’s kind of tough to produce 30-plus or 35-plus goals. I don’t know too many players who can do that. In my whole career, when I’ve had a chance, when I’ve had a lot of offensive time and opportunities, I always was producing. I’m pretty confident.”

...sounds like someone who had a tough year and is looking to prove to the league he's still got it.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Stay classy, San Diego.

Kevin DeLury said...

Can you believe someone has that little of a life that they come on here and do that? Unreal.

Just deleted a bunch of vulgar posts from a very excited and probably mentally disturbed Islander fan.

Unknown said...

http://lakingsinsider.com/2009/10/19/murray-comments-on-frolov/

Check out THAT comment section.

ry-man the mighty said...

that russian bastard better play to the best of his ability or i'll be personally spending all my money to harass his ass off this team if hes doesnt produce what hes supposed to. you wear the red, white and blue (not that usa shit) rangers colors you better produce. we dont have time for that crap. im sick and tired of lazy ass players playing on this team. its the damn rangers, NEW YORK's team. not a bullshit franchise like phoenix or florida. NYC. not long island. play for more than you are worth or get the fuck out. frolov better be scoring 25, 30+ or get out. i can see this guy becoming a 2-way player in this system. i know its all offense, but he has the puck handling skills to be more of a 2 way player AND score 30 or so. sorry kevin, just a drunk being a drunk. delete this if its offensive. your blog rules.

ry-man said...

oh and forget what idiot murray said about his turnovers. im sure he'll be looking to specifically fix that problem. its either get it right or get out with this team. the way it should be.

LI Joe said...

ry man - he signed for 1 yr so if it doesn;t work mout he'll be gone soon enough