Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gaborik is NOT Being Traded

I really didn't want to post this because I didn't want to give any credibility to the Marian Gaborik to Kings rumor, but I've received too many e-mails about it to ignore.

THE RANGERS ARE NOT TRADING GABORIK!!!!

And if you don't believe me listen to Nick Kypreos...

Going through NY area was asked if ‎​Gaborik might get moved now that Kovy is still free. Answer to that is zero chance. They love Gabby.less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

...for those of you who have been following the blog since the beginning you'll remember I used to post Eklund-type rumors all the time. However, I stopped because a) I felt it hurt the credibility of the blog b) most of the readers begged me to not post them and c) HE MAKES ALL OF IT UP.

...i held off on posting this for as long as I could but too many of you were e-mailing me and I could only imagine how many more are freaking out about it. Gaborik isn't going anywhere so relax and go back to worrying about how the Rangers are going to open up cap space to bring in someone to compliment their only scoring threat.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Christ. What rumors? This may be the dumbest thing I read all day.

LTP said...

Kevin I fail to see where you can say the Ek makes it all up, the guy is connected big time with league sources & on July 1st. nobody had more signings before they happened than him not Dreger, Mckenzie or any of those other so called legitimate reporters. The guy is always on top of anything that is going down league wide & has the only site on the web that is updated round the clock 365. It's become the "in" thing to do bashing Ek but to be honest with you the guy is mostly on point. Nobody seems to understand the fact that if the guy hears something anything he puts it up, people should look up the definition of the word RUMOR before they bash the guy! I went so far as to wiki the word so that people will better understand what it means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumor

Kevin DeLury said...

I'm sorry LTP, I've to to disagree with you big time.

Like I said I used to post Eklund rumors all the time on my blog and I'll tell you not one of them came true in the two years I posted them.

He may have some connections but what they're feeding him is garbage.

I also think he just throws stuff out there to see what sticks and when something comes true (which I guess is bound to happen) he acts like he's a trade guru.

Guys like spector and the fourth period are way more reliable.

Mitch said...

I'm going to go into the camp of thanking you for continuing to ignore these rumors - and second the term 'Eklund-type' ... If you can identify one story out of the hundreds Eklund has "broken" that actually came to fruition, I'll be shocked.

I saw it on Bleacher Report and don't understand how that got posted there...

Kev - Your blog is great keep up the good work and keep out the B.S.

Kevin DeLury said...

Thanks Mitch.

chris said...

making somthing up is not a rumor. having some evidence about a deal that may happen an speculating is fair game. Eklund is not a credible source by an means