Monday, July 5, 2010

Girardi Files For Arbitration

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants reports that Dan Girardi, a RFA, filed for arbitration before the 5pm deadline today.

Girardi is seeking a contract of about $3 million per year over four years. Gross says odds are he and the Rangers will come to an agreement before he gets to any arbitration hearing.

Gross also gives an explanation of the arbitration process. Which Ranger fans should be familiar with after the Rangers declined Nikolai Zherdev's arbitration ruling last year.

...while I like what Girardi brings to the table (despite the Gaborik/Carcillo episode) $3 million seems like a bit much to me. I'd be happy with $2.5 million over four years.

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes posts the list of 31 players who filed for arbitration.

Speaking of RFA Rangers defensemen, Greg Wyshynski at Puck Daddy says Marc Staal could be poached from the Rangers this summer.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Honestly I wouldn't be all that upset if dude left.