Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sather Talks Rangers Future

In part two of Jim Cerny's interview with Glen Sather at newyorkrangers.com the Blueshirts GM talks the future...

On the developing prospects...

“Our goal has always been to try and develop our own players to build a core group of players that are going to grow up together,” said team President and General Manager Glen Sather. “It takes time to develop players, and it takes time for them to develop into National Hockey League players. But there are some kids that are really starting to come in the right direction now.”

...when Sather says it has always been their goal, I'm assuming he means starting this offseason.

On the current group of prospects...

“I don’t want to paint a picture where I am being a little too enthusiastic, but we have a good group of kids coming along,” said Sather. “There were a lot of players that really looked good in our (prospect development) camp.”

...i'm with you Glen, I'm pumped for this group of prospects.

Sather also says it won't be easy for Stepan to make the team out of camp, that Grachev has a legitimate chance of maiking the club and that Pasnin (who I posted about earlier today) reminds him of Kasparaitis.

...once again, really loving Sather's take on the Rangers prospects and his thoughts on their chances to make an impact this year. Great job Glen. Did I just type that?

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

Steph said...

haha, i also can't beleive it, but i agree with you. if he means all of it, it gets me excited for the future! plus, it is nice to see some positive posts/blogs rather than the always negative and bashing (tho i am not about to say these positive moves make up for his wrong ones, but nice to see it going in the right direction now)
seriously, is it october yet?

Dan W said...

Loving Sathers newfound ability to speak to and for the fans.

christian f said...

As a fan, hearing sather talk like this (even at all) has me hopeful for the future of the organization. Given his track record I'm not giving in to his "dedication to the youth", but it's good to see this regime finally realize the talent it has in the system.

christian f said...

Potential talent, I should say.