Monday, August 9, 2010

Kovalchuk Contract Rejected; Again a Free Agent

TSN reports that Independent arbitrator Richard Bloch ruled in favour of the NHL's rejection of Ilya Kovalchuk's 17-year, US$102-million contract with the New Jersey Devils. Kovalchuk is again a free agent.

The Devils have already started renegotiating...

"While we do not currently have a contract with Ilya Kovalchuk, discussions have resumed and we are hopeful that a contract will be reached that meets with the principles in arbitrator Bloch's award and the NHL's approval," said Devils president and general manager Lou Lamoriello.

...the Rangers could still be in the running for Kovy if they sent Redden down to Hart...I'm just messing with you guys. I could care less what happens to him.

...the only reason I posted this was so we can all laugh at the Devils. I hope he signs in LA now.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

Claudio said...

After Arbitrators decision that was absolutely my first thought (and hope)!^^

chris said...

i dont understand how the nhl justifies pronger, savard, and luongo's contract (although seeing new jersey pissed off is always a positive)

chef dave said...

This is a good thing. The contract is bogus & the NHL is right. They are looking into Luongos contract now & I think, if they can, they should go after the likes of Pronger & Hossa too.

LI Joe said...

prongers deal is not as much an issue since will count as an over 35 contract so the cap hit will happen even if he retires