Thursday, September 2, 2010

Del Zotto: I Want To Be Consistently Tougher In The Defensive End

Michael Del Zotto spoke with Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants today on what he needs to work on...

“A few things,” said Del Zotto, who’s been skating on his own for almost four weeks. “I want to be consistently tougher in the defensive end and keeping the power play consistent. We started out red hot at the beginning of the year. The biggest thing about being the quarterback is taking responsibility for keeping it consistent. It’s a special teams game.”

...working on his defense is the biggest thing for me as he can't be a -20 again this season if the Rangers want to be successful.

...i think just having last year's experience being the pp quarterback will help with his consistency on the man-up this season.

Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog has more from Del Zotto as well as from Tim Kennedy and Artem Anisimov.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

1 comment:

Rick said...

I would take the concentration of his work ethic being applied to the defensive zone. His offensive instincts are already in place and they come naturally.