Thursday, September 2, 2010

MZA's Got Unbelievable Offensive Skills

Over at the National Post, Michael Traikos spoke with numerous NHL prospects at the prospect showcase in Toronto about Mats Zuccarella Aasen...

“He’s got unbelievable offensive skills,” said Edmonton Oilers’ prospect Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson, who played against Zuccarello-Aasen in Sweden. “He wows you a lot of times. Definitely, he’s so little. That’s why you get the wow feeling from him. That’s why he’s so entertaining to look at as well. But when you play against him, you realize how dangerous he is. I don’t see how he wouldn’t succeed over here too.”


...with the Rangers offensive woes, if this kid can live up to the hype the Blueshirts could surprise this year.


Traikos also reports that MZA plays with a stick that it so big you would think it was Zdeno Chara's.

MZA on why he choose the Rangers...

“They really wanted me,” he said. “I talked a lot with [Rangers’ European scout] Anders Hedberg and it sounded like they really believed in me and wanted to give me a great chance to make the team."

...h/t to everyone who posted this on Twitter
.


Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Check out MZA in this photo, love it:

"23 top prospects gathered at the 2010 NHLPA Rookie Showcase"

Showcasehttp://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__72/ept_sports_nhl_experts-413589697-1283366739.jpg?ymTNDtDDLXxWnbS4

Kevin DeLury said...

Jack, I know you'd be all over this post.

Unknown said...

Haha. And oops, the link I posted was messed up, here's the revision:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__72/ept_sports_nhl_experts-413589697-1283366739.jpg?ymTNDtDDLXxWnbS4