Friday, September 10, 2010

Prospects Talk Traverse & Readiness

Rick Carpinello at the Rangers Report was able to speak to numerous Ranger prospects before they headed out to the Traverse City Prospect Tournament tomorrow...

Evgeni Grachev on his third Traverse...

“It makes it easier because you know what’s going to happen, what the games are going to be like. At the same time it’s more pressure because it’s your third time, to show you’re getting better every year. So it’s kind of different.”

Derek Stepan on if he's ready to make the next step...

“It’s one of those things that you’ve got to have the confidence to know that you are. There’s got to be a little bit of outside sources saying, ‘Yeah, you can make this step.’ And other than that you’ve just got to tell yourself mentally that you’re ready to make this step. Because if you come in saying you’re not ready for it, you’re going to get eaten alive. So you have to have the right mindet and prepare yourself to be ready for the next level.”

Ryan McDonagh on if he thinks he's ready for the pros...

“First and foremost, I wouldn’t have left college if I didn’t think I was ready. I already feel I can play with the bigger, stronger, more veteran guys. It was good that me and Stepan got to come out this week and skate with some of the Ranger players and get a feel for what they’re like, and meet some of them, and just start the process. I think it’s getting better every day so far."

Dylan McIlrath on what he needs to work on...

“There’s obviously things I’m specifically working on, like, being a bigger guy I’m working on my feet and getting to the pace of the game at the NHL level. And my hands. You can never get good enough at both of those things. So I’m trying to focus on those things.”

...great job by Carp getting these quotes.

...h/t to reader rusty for the heads-up on this.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

No comments: