Sunday, September 26, 2010

Rangers Talk Win vs. Devils

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has these quotes...

“He’s utility,” Tortorella said of White. “He can kill some penalties, give us some offense. It’s nice to have that.”

“I put Kennedy on the wing, I thought that line was good,” Tortorella added.

Steve Zipay at Blue Notes has more.

Torts on the apparent throat slash gesture by Kovalchuk to Avery...

"There was no (throat) slash, none of that," Tortorella said.

Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog has even more...

On his tough start Lundqvist said...

“Just a little rusty,” Lundqvist said on the way to the team bus. “It was a tough start, but I felt more and more comfortable as the game went on. It feels good to start with a win.”

Del Zotto also talks about his bad start to the game...

“Tough start, tough preseason start,” the 20-year-old defenseman said. “It’s part of the game, we bounced back, and at the end of the day we got the two points. That’s the biggest thing. You learn from your mistakes and move on. I’m glad I got a chance to redeem myself there.”

Tim Kennedy on his first two preseason games...

“It’s been a good first two games,” Kennedy said. “I’ve been playing a lot, and I’m pretty happy with the way things have gone. It happened last year where I started playing center, went to wing and then back to center. I can play both, and I really have no preference where I’m playing.”

Jim Cerny has more on Del Zotto's night at newyorkrangers.com.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

Ryan Taussig said...

Haven't been able to watch the games because of my working hours, but it's great to hear that White and MDZ are playing well.

It's also nice to see everyone working out the kinks in the preseason.

Brett Crawford said...

There was absolutely a throat slash gesture made.

Kovalchuk should be suspended one game like Nick Boynton just was.