Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Rangers Talk Win vs. Red Wings (Updated)

Update, 11:01 p.m.:
Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has more quotes.

Original Post:
Rick Carpiniello has post game quotes...

John Tortorello...

On maturity if Gilroy and Del Zotto:
“I think Gilly has tried to be more aggressive … that’s a point of contention with us, as far as just defending harder. He’s trying. Michael I thought made some good plays tonight, stayed within himself. He’s looking for the long pass and made some good stretch plays.

“Sauer, again I don’t want to get ahead of myself because I want to watch tape, but I know Mike played within himself which he’s done all camp, which is why he’s still here.”

On Fedotenko:
“Feds flies under the radar (Tortorella then talked about how tough he’d been on Fedotenko over the years together). Even tonight, he made some really subtle plays that a lot of people won’t see or recognize. But he’s a solid guy offensively and defensively. He’s a guy, as a coach, when you’re looking down the bench in situations and you don’t have a lot of people, or whatever the situation may be, you can put him in all those spots. He continues to fight for a position and we’re still looking at him here, and he deserves the length he’s been here in camp.”

Players quotes...

Derek Stepan:
“My thought process is still to just play, and play hockey and compete for 60 minutes. That’s just the way I’m going to keep it, and I’m not going to change the way I’m thinking.”

Henrik Lundqvist on having Biron around:
“What I feel is that I have to play really well to earn my minutes. I want to play, but to have Marty behind me there, he’s a great goalie and if I don’t play well enough he’ll step in. Hopefully that competition—it’s a support, but it’s also a competition, so we’ll push each other to play better."

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Seriously, Hank? Does he really think his job is threatened in the least?

Kevin DeLury said...

And that's not the first time I've heard him say that. C'mon Hank you'd still be in there with two broken legs over Biron.