Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weise Thinks He's Got Good Shot At Making Team

Newyorkrangers.com has this quote from Rangers rookie Dale Weise on his chances of making the Rangers out of training camp...

“Torts said that he wants to get more youth in the lineup, and I think that’s a great opportunity for a guy like me to step into the lineup and win a job,” said the 22-year-old Weise, who recorded 28 goals and notched 50 points in 73 games with the Pack last season. “I’m a little better prepared this year, and I think I have a really good shot to make this team. Obviously that’s my goal.”

...it was going to be a long shot anyway, but the Kennedy signing as well as the possible Fedotenko tryout will make it almost impossible for Weise to make the team. Which is too bad as I was hoping a guy like Weise or Byers would get a real shot on the fourth line.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I disagree with your opinion, kevin. I don't think anyone is guaranteed a spot on the roster this season. Everyone has complained about adding a third or fourth liner here and there doesn't understand that the Rangers management is trying to give us the best options to pick from during training camp. The depth will be beneficial.If tortorella really means what he preaches, the best players will be on the 23-man. Those who want it more will work harder and play harder, outshining those in camp. If weise outplays white or kennedy for a spot, why wouldn't he be placed on the roster?

Kevin DeLury said...

Gary, I hope you're right.

Unknown said...

Haha me too, man. I really like kennedy, so I'm hoping he gets a spot. The kid had a solid rookie season. I'm glad we jumped at this chance to get him. I think this was the only shot we would've had at getting his talent, so they had to make a move. It'd be a shame if he sat in the minors.

LI Joe said...

i don't see them carrying 23 to start and they won't until they have a few injuries. i see 21 or tops 22. helps with the cap and morale as guys constantly sitting will be better served in the ahl or elsewhere