Monday, October 18, 2010

Boyle Being Counted on to Step Up

Jim Cerny at newyorkrangers.com has this quote from John Tortorella on the new lines and players needing to step up after the injuries to Marain Gaborik, Chris Drury and Vinny Prospal...

“With the injuries we have now, I’m not sure which is our first line and which is our fourth,” said Tortorella. “We’re going to try and balance our lines; and Boyle, for one, is going to get more time because he deserves it the way he has played here.”


...i said this the other night, I thought for sure Boyle was destined for Hartford this season, but he outworked the competition in camp and is now being counted on as an important piece moving forward.

Another player that will be counted on to step up is Erik Christesen who said this...

“I’m sitting in the dressing room (on Friday) watching the game and I see what is happening, and I am thinking that I better hurry up and get better because we’re losing guys like crazy,” said Christensen. “Especially with Gaby and Dru, it’s not like you just go and replace those guys, our captain and our best player. It will take a team effort.”

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too, I was on the fence about Boyle all of last year — he was decent down low but didn't use his size as a presence. This year, thus far, he's stepped up for sure.

Unknown said...

Henrik needs to step up big time too. This is when great goalies need to steal games. He's been merely mortal thus far.

Boyle sure has been a nice surprise so far. I hope he can sustain it.

Unknown said...

Henrik stands on his head ALMOST every night. Did you see the shot count against the Leafs by the third period? Disgusting. Not even five games in and "feel bad" for Hank because the D just isn't....D.

Rick said...

I am on the same side of the boat in regards to the D. They need to get a grip on the other side of the game, It can't be score, score, score all the time, the forwards have got to come back all the way and play responsible. Especially when half the D is rookies and 1st yr players.