Thursday, October 7, 2010

Expect A Lot Of Lundqvist Early

Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants says the spread out schedule to begin the season for the Rangers means a lot of Henrik Lundqvist.

John Tortorella on whether Marty Biron will get some early games...

“Oh I doubt it,” Tortorella said. “Again I haven’t looked at the schedule, it’s so spread. I’m certainly not going to go too far the other way and not let Hank get into a groove. You’ve got to be careful there, you’ve got to allow him to play and get himself going also. I never go too far ahead as far as the goaltending is concerned. You guys (the media) will hold me accountable I’m sure if I say something so I don’t know. I know Hank’s going to be there early on here because it’s spread out and then we’ll see where it goes from there.”

...makes sense. If Lundqvist is going to get ample rest between starts there's really no need for Biron. However, he will become very useful as the season rolls on and Lundqvist needs a break.

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

3 comments:

Evan S said...

yeah, there is a good chance that Henrik could start the first 10-12 games of the season uninterrupted. After that though, he should be capped at around 8 games. It isn't an olympic year like last year, but it is a long season and we need him ready to go.

ry-man said...

i wish this interview was longer. i've always enjoyed leetch's opinion of the game.

KD said...

watching NHL on the Fly and they just said each Stanley cup goalie over the past 4 years has only played btw 50-65 games.

Hank has played around 70.

He def needs to rest more this year. Let's get him down to 55 games.