Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The New New Banner


One of the things I did have to compromise on with my move to Bloguin is I couldn't use a team logo in my banner for the new blog.

Bloguin offered a designer to create a new banner, but I didn't think that would be fair to my banner contest winner Joe L. So I went back to Joe to see if he could come up with something without the logo and this is what he came up with.

I didn't think I could like a banner better than the original but Joe actually did it with this. Absolutely outstanding job Joe!!!!

For all of Joe's work I have given him absolutely nothing. What a jerk I am. Actually, we're going to try to meetup before a Ranger games so that he can buy me...errr I can by him a couple of cold ones.

What do you all think?

Remember to follow me on Twitter & Facebook or e-mail me at nyrfan94@yahoo.com.

16 comments:

GraphicDork said...

Is the new one going to be tweaked any more at all to include the fading-to-white at the edges? That's one of the aspects I really liked about the current banner.

John J. Sikula III said...

Very nice. Nothing to fancy, simple, but very presentable

AnnoyingJoe said...

Perfect.

rusty said...

Cool.

John said...

Nice change on the fly!

Chris Jones said...

I think Joe is getting screwed.

evantonio said...

wow. you think bloquin is going to let it fly with those hidden nipples in there?

atarnow said...

Even better than the one with the logo. Good work!

KD said...

I actually like it better!

DJ said...

I really like it, it kind of reminds me of a jersey.

edmo said...

like it better too...

Joey Ratz said...

While designing this I realized that our away jersey's shoulder patches (the original inspiration for the banner) are just condensed versions of the entire home jersey (same stripes as the home jersey's elbows).


I thought this was pretty cool, the Rangers always have Blueshirt pride on their shoulders.

Andrea said...

It can be odd to incorporate a logo into a title and many corporations won't allow it. I prefer this version as well.

Rick said...

Nice job Joe.

Anonymous said...

Love the new banner. I agree with Chris Jones comment... Joe deserves more than a beer.

Anonymous said...

Wow!
First, Faux wood banner can be used to market events at non-profit businesses such as church buildings, temples, mosques, along with other establishments of religious practices.
I like this post great work indeed well don keep posting.
vinyl banners